You Are Not Alone
It was a difficult decision for me to talk about my mental health issues publicly, but it's a conversation that needs to be had. As vulnerable and uncomfortable as sharing my story makes me feel, the thought that it could help someone far outweighs the negatives.
Not only do I want to destigmatize the public opinion of what it means to struggle with mental illness but shed light on how isolating, painful and dangerous it can be.
I want to share my story but also the stories of others, because no one experience is the same. The more we talk about mental health the better we can understand each other, maybe together we can lessen the stigma and shame by sharing our experiences. I hope that through story telling, it can help others who are suffering can help feel a little less alone.
I'm honored and thankful to be featured on The Brave Files Podcast where I share my journey dealing with anxiety and mental health. Listen in below!
- Understand more about Mental Health Issues from the basics, to how to talk about Mental Health, and ways to get help on the MentalHealth.gov page.
- NAMI - The National Alliance on Mental Illness has a huge wealth of resources, data, information, and online communities to educate the public and to help people suffering from mental health issues.
- The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is a national network of local crisis centers that provides free and confidential emotional support to people in suicidal crisis or emotional distress 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We're committed to improving crisis services and advancing suicide prevention by empowering individuals, advancing professional best practices, and building awareness.
- Story telling saves lives. This Is My Brave is an event series with the mission to bring mental illness and addiction out of the shadow.
- Jake Tyler speaks during an inspiring TedTalk about his battle with depression and how he turned it around. He began hiking around the UK to combat his illness. He shares his story with others to be inspired HERE
Medical staff to collaborated to create a comprehensive depression and suicide resource guide. HERE
More coming soon...